Dr. Joey
Dr. Joey, Board Certified
Experience:  15 yrs in practice, specialist canine/feline medicine
20970409

Can you tell me what vaccinations a dog needs? She is close

Customer Question

Can you tell me what vaccinations a dog needs? She is close to 6-1/2 years old. She's a staffordshire terrier and her previous owners said she had gotten her vaccinations as a puppy but they never sent then information. She hasn't been eating much at all lately and I'm getting really nervous..
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Joey replied 1 year ago.

Hello I am Dr. Joey. Thanks for trusting me to help you and your pet today. I am a licensed veterinarian with over 16 years of experience. I look forward to working with you.

On the one hand, the priority would be to determine why she is not eating very well, especially if she was initially doing great after you adopted her and now is not. That is probably going to require working with a veterinarian for her to have an examination followed by some testing to try to narrow down the problem.

For general wellness health care, assuming she has had nothing other than when a puppy, at 6.5 years old she would need a booster of her distemper combination (DHPP-L) vaccination, rabies vaccine and possibly bordatella or lyme vaccine depending on her exposure risk and area you live. She also really needs a heart worm test to confirm she does not have heart worms and then if not, start her on monthly preventive to be continued year round.

I am at a point I need to know what questions you have. I hope that the information I provided has been helpful.

Please let me know if for any reason you need further clarification, have more questions, or were expecting a different type of answer.

If you received all the information you needed, then kindly submit a rating.