Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

I just gave my 18lb dogs wormer - Safeguard power mixed in

Customer Question

I just gave my 18lb dogs wormer - Safeguard power mixed in hamburger meat and he ate it, but the problem is that when I gave my other dog the same thing she dropped it out of her mouth and he ran up and grabbed it and swallowed it. Is he in danger? He's officially wormed for 40lbs now.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if the dog will be able to digest that. Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the dog?
Customer: No, I am just wondering what I should do and if he is considered poisoned?
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two. I'll let you know when it is your turn.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Drhollowayvet replied 10 months ago.

Hello this is Dr. Holloway, you may call me Dr. H for short. I will be assisting you with your question today. To better assist you I need to look up the ingredients for Safeguard, can you give me about 2-3 mintues to research this for you? - Dr. H

I want to make sure that you are connected to the chat before I proceed. Please type in the text below to let me know you are here. Thanks! - Dr. H