Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

My dog has stopped eating mostly but, he is throwing up and

Customer Question

My dog has stopped eating mostly but, he is throwing up and has diarrhea. This has been going on for about 3 wks since I fed him some fried shrimp that we brought home from a restaurant. He's lost a considerable amount of weight but, otherwise he seems happy and not sore or anything I took him to the vet but, they seem to be baffled.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Like what exactly?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Dog Veterinarians generally expect a deposit of about $19 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Drhollowayvet replied 10 months ago.

Hello this is Dr. Holloway but you can call me Dr. H for short. I am a licensed veterinarian and I deal with a lot of upset stomach dogs and cats so I am more than qualified to help you and give you advice moving forward.

It sounds like your pet has classic dietary indiscretion symptoms, most likely in response to the shrimp he ingested.

So I understand that you have already been to the veterinarian. Did they prescribe any medications for your pet? - Dr. H

Hello I am checking back with you as I have not received a response from my reply to you on yesterday evening. I also see that you have not yet viewed my response. If you experiencing technical difficulties please direct your concerns to justanswer customer support.

I will check back in again later on today to see if I you wish to continue to conversation concerning your pet. Best wishes!- Dr. H