Doc Sara
Doc Sara, Veterinarian
Experience:  I am a dog and cat veterinarian with a lifetime of experience in our family veterinary hospital.
23511967

My daughter just moved in with a7 mo old pup. I put her in

Customer Question

My daughter just moved in with a7 mo old pup. I put her in the yard this morning and left five work. I got home and she is in her bed and opens her eyes only when I talk to her or touch her.We do have philodendrons in the garden. We can't find anything she might have eaten???
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Doc Sara replied 10 months ago.

Hi there, I'm Dr. Sara. I'm a licensed veterinarian who works exclusively with dogs and cats. I'm sorry to hear that Malisha isn't feeling well tonight - I'll do my best to help.

If I understand this correctly - she's not getting up at all? Have you seen her get up and move around since you've been home?

If she seems so ill that she can't get up and walk around, then I would suggest having her examined by a vet ASAP. Anything that could cause a dog to be so weak as to be unable to stand definitely merits emergency investigation.

Unfortunately, aside from that, what you're describing is really vague, meaning that it can be just about anything. She could have a stomach ache, a cold, or had a toxin ingestion or trauma. Philodendrons usually cause oral irritation that can lead to drooling and GI upset. Are you seeing her doing anything else at all that might help me have an idea what's going on? I'll be here to chat if you have more observations.

~Dr. Sara

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My goal is to provide you with the most complete and accurate “five star” answer. If my answer isn’t what you were expecting, it’s incomplete, or you have more questions PLEASE REPLY to let me know what information you are looking for BEFORE giving me a negative rating! If my answer has been helpful to you, please show me by giving me a favorable rating. Thank you so much :)

I'm just following up on our conversation about Malisha. How is everything going?
Doc Sara