Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

My 30 lb Cocker Spaniel screamed when I went to pick m up

Customer Question

My 30 lb Cocker Spaniel screamed when I went to pick him up after being out of the house for awhile. I looked for baby aspirin and couldn't find any. so after panicking, I gave him maybe or less 1/4 of Naproxen Sodium. I called the vet and they were more concerned with the medication as it can be Toxic. I took him to the vet and he showed no sign of pain, but they did give me a pain med for him.
He seemed fine today, ate, went outside and I ran to the store. When I came home, the same thing happened. He screamed as I went to pick him up - both front and back and gave him the pain med from the vet
I am beside myself. He is laying down now quietly. HELP
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Alleyne replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is***** and I am a licensed veterinarian with over 9 years of experience. I am hoping to help you with your pet today. Since I can’t physically exam your pet, I may need to respond with several follow up questions so I can best help you. Remember there is no limit on how many questions you can ask to in order to clarify any information I have provided regarding your pet. I just have a few initial questions to ask to gather some more information if you don’t mind? What pain medication did your veterinarian prescribe Dolce? Is he urinating and defecating normally? Did you veterinarian do any bloodwork.