Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Veterinary Questions
Hi there,Thank you for your question regarding your 4 year old Labradane girl Grace who managed to ingested 2 x 10mg tablets of Nortriptyline.
Thankfully your girl will be absolutely fine after this ingestion. This ingestion equates to around just 0.52mg per kg of body weight. A study on this drug in dogs found that they were able to tolerate doses up to 20mg/kg of Nortriptyline without any ill effects over the period of an entire year. Your girl had 1/40th of that amount, we definitely wouldn't expect any consequence from this ingestion tonight. You don't need to take any further action here for this reason. You can read more about the study mentioned above online here: LINKHaving said that it would only be common sense to monitor your dog and contact a vet if any odd symptoms appear but I think this will be unlikely. I hope all of the above makes sense? If you have more questions or if I can help in any other way, please do not hesitate to ask! If you would like to accept my answer, please press RATE OUR CONVERSATION (I am not compensated in any other way). Bonuses are always welcome. Thanks! I hope to work with you again soon!Kind Regards,Dr EPS: If you have additional questions after you rate the question, you are welcome to request me for additional conversations if I am on-line or by beginning your question "Dr. E..." or "Pet-doc..." and others will leave the questions for me.