Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience
55012488

2yr/ male,chow 40lb.,was seen checkup,during the uneventful

Customer Question

2yr/ male,chow 40lb.,was seen for routine checkup,during the uneventful dog was startled by the scale and divo offt He exam table at which time guarding of right leg, episode of urine inct , and painful howling. Th vet has a suspension of r hip injury. X-ray confirmed am acute dislcatiom. Was sedated and closed reduction was accomplished and confirmed by X-ray. At Elner sling was applied and instruction to limit activity, and return to be reevaluated in10 days. No hx of any underlying disease. Otherwise very active, healthy, well gdone have chow. discharge RX tramadol 50mg Q8-12, carprofen 100mg Q12, Acepromazine tab Q8-12,
Last dose 1 HR ago.,eating small amt as compared to usual feed, drinking on about 2 cups of water since incident. And non tender, does not,seem distended non tender. However our concer is we are looking at about 30 without any urine output. Now I am a nurse with no hx of animal science. Other than unmentionable research . Not my dog but my brothers...but am trying to help him. Thanks
Category: Dog Veterinary
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am trying to avoid a stat run to the per er. Hoping I will get quick resolve or some price of mind. This dog is my brothers life line after he is a basket case. I am just visiting. It advertised that there is 3 vets online. Did not consider having to wait very long for a respond not real hep on how this service works.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I feel I was a real sucker in good faith! I just donated 28.00 to a scam
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner. The prime differentials in such a patient are bladder rupture and atonicity due to urine retention secondary to being slung and difficulty positioning to urinate as well as the combination of tramadol and acepromazine. Unless Midnight has already urinated, a trip to the ER is in order if only to catheterize and empty Midnight's bladder. If it's intact, a dose modification of his acepromazine (at least) should be considered.

Please respond with further questions or concerns if you wish.