Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

My 7 year old yorkie has black flakey spots under her arm

Customer Question

my 7 year old yorkie has black flakey spots under her arm pit and on her chin- they've recently become open and secreting clear fluid and look inflamed its not flea dirt- she's had that before and it looks different
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: the area seems greasy- she's not picking or scratching it consistently
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Dog Veterinarians generally expect a deposit of about $19 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
ok thank you- I can send some pictures for you to see as well
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 10 months ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.

Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner, but can you tell me:

How long has she had these skin changes?

Is the area itchy at all?

Are the black spots something you can wipe away or are they part of the skin?

Any changes to her thirst, appetite, or weight?

Can you take a photo of this? If you can do so and post them online, it will let me see what you are seeing. To post them, you can either use the paper clip on the tool bar. Or if you cannot see that on your phone/computer, then you can post them on any site (ie Flickr, Photobucket, Imgr etc) and paste the web address here for me to have a peek.