Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

My 4 year old schnoodle has had some hacking and it sounds

Customer Question

My 4 year old schnoodle has had some hacking and it sounds like she threw it up but keeps swallowing it back down. it happens off and on, only for a minute or three then it stops for a few hours. she is eating fine and drinking water, urination and bowel movements are normal and sleep is good. nothing out of the ordinary. it's not reverse sneezing, our other schnoodle does that and i know what it is. Not sure how to help her.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: i have to ask if there are any charges associated with this chat. We just vaccinated three dogs 8 days ago and have to get two dog's teeth cleaned, and one has a heart murmur and fluid retention and she has to go to vet soon (vaccines done at a low-cost clinic). Oh, this same dog with the hacking issue was taken to regular vet the day after vaccines because she had side effects, and vet said she was getting throat infection. so she has been on antibiotic and is almost done.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Dog Veterinarians generally expect a deposit of about $19 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Rebecca replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry you are worried about your Schnoodle. My name is Rebecca; I am a veterinarian and will do my best to help. I just came online and saw your question and I am sorry you did not get help from an expert until now.

How is she doing? Do you still want help with her?