How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Gabby Your Own Question
Dr. Gabby
Dr. Gabby, Dog Veterinarian
Category: Dog Veterinary
Satisfied Customers: 11472
Experience:  DVM 19 years. Compassionate, Caring, Experienced.
2263760
Type Your Dog Veterinary Question Here...
Dr. Gabby is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My 19lb mini standard Dachshund who is 12 with chronic

Customer Question

My 19lb mini standard Dachshund who is 12 with chronic Kidney disease(but fine otherwise) swallowed a 50mg pill of Myrebetriq which fell on the floor by accident. This happened at 5am approximately. I tried to get it out of her mouth but one of my other ones came over and she pulled away before I could retrieve it. My question is she is drinking more water than is usual for her(she drinks a lot anyway) and should I rush her to an emergency center or wait it out? I feel very negligent as my reasoning was quite stupid.
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Gabby replied 10 months ago.

Hi, this is Dr. Gabby. Myrebetriq is very toxic in dogs. And her kidneys are not functioning as well as they should to get the medication out of her system.

She ingested 6 mg per kg which is definitely a toxic dose.

So yes to the ER. Sorry I know that is not what you want to hear.

You can read more about toxicity here.

I hope this helps. If you have additional questions let me know.

If you are all set please rate my answer by clicking the stars.

Many Thanks

Related Dog Veterinary Questions