Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

I have a working cocker, he has been coughing up foam. It

Customer Question

I have a working cocker, he has been coughing up white foam. It happened a week ago then stopped. Now its come back again. I did mention this to a vet last week. It was syggested he may have slight kennel cough even though he's had the necessary innoculations.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: He is also trying to cough, problem is I cant hear very well, so not sure what kind of cough it is
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Dog Veterinarians generally expect a deposit of about $19 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Gabby replied 1 year ago.

Hi, this is Dr. Gabby. How often is he coughing up the white foam? Is he coughing it up or vomiting/retching it up? If you squeeze up and down his windpipe(trachea) does that make him cough? Kennel cough usually causes tracheal inflammation and squeezing the trachea can make them cough.