Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

I have a almost 13 years old labrador. She does have several

Customer Question

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I have a almost 13 years old labrador. She does have several fatty lumps around her body, which are pretty much "stable". However tonight I found a large lump right on the ***** ***** of her stomach and rib cage on to the left side from the stomach. It sort of fits into the palm of my hand and it does concern me...
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Well, that is the best I can describe it at the moment. It is about 4-5 inches long and 2-3 inches hard and I could really feel it when I put my dog on her back and rubbed her belly
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Dog Veterinarians generally expect a deposit of about $19 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Customer: My name is Janka
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 10 months ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your situation, and wanted to help.

Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner. If you would still like assistance, can you tell me:

Does it feel any more firm or fluidy then her other fatty lumps?

Is it sore when you handle it?

Does it feel just under the skin or deeper under the muscle?