Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

My name is ***** ***** my do has been retaing fluids in s

Customer Question

my name is ***** ***** my do has been retaing fluids in his body I already took him to a vet they really did not help they gave me some medicine for low iron antibiotics and some for hook worms he took all his medicine and he still is not getting better so i am taking him again to the vet on the 2 of feb to different one hope fully he will be better can you tell me what can cause this
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: i need some answers that is what i need so i can help my dog please
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Dog Veterinarians generally expect a deposit of about $19 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 10 months ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your situation, and wanted to help.

Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner. If you would still like assistance, can you tell me:

How long has he had these signs?

Where is he retaining fluids (ie his abdomen, chest, under his skin, etc)?

Did you vet sample/test these fluids to determine what they are and their cause?

Any history of other health issues?

How is he otherwise? Feverish, unwell, breathing changes, or anything else?