Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience
55012488

My dog is not acting normal,i thought he hurting because he

Customer Question

my dog is not acting normal,i thought he hurting because he didn't want to come to me, but I walked and he walked normal, althought he needed help to get in the car, what can it be?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: he was normal this morning, he woke me up as usual to go for a walk , when we got back , he did not want to eat, but okay, when I left for work, he normally, jumps on my bed, but he didn't seem to want to, when I got back he was very quiet, normally greet me very happy, and want to move, but he went outside to get mail, and peeped and walk okay , no limping , we got back from a short walk, and he ate, but now he sleeping , which is not normal for him usually want to play ,he just is not alert, like normally is every nite
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Dog Veterinarians generally expect a deposit of about $19 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner and I regret that my state board of veterinary examiners doesn't allow me to speak to customers by phone in this venue. Please stay in this conversation if you wish. Which breed, sex, and age is your dog and is he neutered, please? It's difficult for me to determine from here if your dog is overall weakened, painful, or both. Reluctance to jump on the bed and needing help to get in the car suggests weakness, hip or spinal pain. Please respond with the additional information and further questions or concerns if you wish.