Dr B
Dr B, Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM
27344366

My dog hair around the nd legs and belly have become kind of

Customer Question

My dog hair around the hind legs and belly have become kind of like they were sticky but hard. And she has been having pee accidents on the bed . I am giving her 25 mg of doxycycline . What should I do
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr B replied 10 months ago.

How old is your dog?

Expert:  Dr B replied 10 months ago.

And what does she weigh?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
10 and she ways 15 pounds
Expert:  Dr B replied 10 months ago.

Ok, I suspect that she likely has urinary incontinence. But you will need to take her into your vet and allow them to do an exam and a Urinalysis on her. If she has a urinary tract infection then they will treat that but if she is having incontinence then the best drug for that is Incurin but you will have to see a vet to get it. Female incontinence that is estrogen responsive is very common in older female dogs. I wouldn't give her the Doxycyline. For one thing, that is not the correct dose and so you can cause bacterial resistance if she does have a UTI and also it is not a good drug for a urinary tract problem anyway. I hope this helps you but please let me know if you have additional questions. Sincerely, DRB

Please hit rate my service as that is the only way I am compensated. Thank you very much!

Expert:  Dr B replied 10 months ago.

I check my computer every night so please let me know if you have additional questions.Sincerely, DRB

Expert:  Dr B replied 10 months ago.

Can I answer any other questions for you or help you further?

Sincerely, DRB

Expert:  Dr B replied 10 months ago.
Hi Joann,
I'm just following up on our conversation about Beanie. How is everything going?
Dr B