Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian
Experience:  16 years of internal medicine, surgery, and preventive care.
25161683

I dropped one 40 mg Lovastatin tablet and cannot find it. We

Customer Question

I dropped one 40 mg Lovastatin tablet and cannot find it. We have 4 dogs ranging in weight from 40 pounds to 60 pounds. If one of them finds and eats it, will it harm them?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 10 months ago.

Welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is***** am a licensed veterinarian. I am not set up to make a live call. But, I am happy to answer your question on this thread.

Friend, lovastatin will Not be toxic to a dog. You see, dogs lack the enzyme lovastatin works on. When ingested symptoms usually limited to diarrhea or flatulence. Your dog (s) will be fine.

Please do not forget to rate my answer - I hope you found it to be excellent. If there’s more I can do, please use the reply tab and let me know. It’s my goal to provide you with excellent service." Thank you for your business and I hope to work with you again soon!