Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

My russelsprouts chihuahua mix is 7 years old. She started

Customer Question

My jack russelsprouts chihuahua mix is 7 years old. She started itching herself excessively about 5 months ago. Now she has red skin that has dandruff and hair loss on her lower chest, belly and legs. The hair loss is starting to move towards her face.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have tried changing too different "skin sensitive" shampoos but it seems to make it worse. I recently switched to an oak meal based shampoo and the redness seemed to fade slightly
Expert:  Drhollowayvet replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is***** and I am licensed veterinarian. I am happy to answer your question, but first I would like to ask you a few questions so that I am well informed about your pets’ situation and can give you the best advice possible.

Poor Crystal. Being itchy is no fun! Do you have Crystal on a flea/tick prevention currently (like Frontline, Advantix, Nexguard) that you give every 30 days?

Expert:  Rebecca replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry to hear you are worried about Crystal Lu. My name is Rebecca. I am a veterinarian and will do my best to help. It appears your first expert has left the conversation. Can I be of help?

Since I can't see and examine her, more information will be helpful. Are you using a flea product on her? Have you tried anything besides the shampoo for her itching such as supplements or antihistamines?

I hope to hear from you soon.