Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian
Experience:  16 years of internal medicine, surgery, and preventive care.
25161683

Overdose of vetri science composure- thiamine 134 mg, C3

Customer Question

overdose of vetri science composure- thiamine 134 mg, C3 (colostrum calming complex) 22mg, L-Theanine 21 mg she is 26 pounds and ate ~50 chews, dose is one per day age 2.5
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: no- just happened, shes acting ok right now
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Dog Veterinarians generally expect a deposit of about $19 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 1 year ago.

Welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is***** am a licensed veterinarian. I am not set up to make a live call. But, I am happy to answer your question on this thread. First I need to ask you a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice.

1- How long has it been since she ate it?

2- Do you have hydrogen peroxide 3%?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
30 minutes
Yes- we have part of a bottle about 2 oz
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 1 year ago.

Let's try to induce vomiting with peroxide. This is what you do:

1- Give her 1 tablespoon of hydrogen peroxide orally to induce vomiting.

2- Allow her to walk for a minute and move her belly to mix stomach content with peroxide. If she does not vomit within 5-10 minutes, repeat it again. Can give a total of 3 times 5-10 minutes apart.

3- Please let me know if she vomits, I will be on stand bye for the next 20 minutes.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
we are waiting now for her to vomit
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't want to join for a monthly fee- just this one consult. thanks
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 1 year ago.

Did you repeat the peroxide?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
on #2- she's walking outside
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 1 year ago.

Friend, do not take her for a long walk. It is small walk within a small area for 1 minute. If she does not vomit within 5 minutes repeat it again. You can also give her a piece of bread sometimes he helps to get them to vomit.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
just out around in the yard on a leash. We did the 3 trials and nothing. She's wanting water. Go ahead with a little bread?
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 1 year ago.

Friend, if she did not vomit after the 3rd dose she will not vomit with peroxide. I don't believe this medication will be fatal for her. But, she could develop symptoms of a condition called Serotonin syndrome. Basically she can become: Hyperactive, muscle tremors, fast heart rate, etc. To avoid any of these symptoms the next option is taking her to ER vet and they can induce vomiting with a medication called apomorphine. Need to move quickly, need to induce vomiting within 1-2 hours of ingestion. In addition, they can start her on activated charcoal.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok got it, thank you
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 1 year ago.

You're welcome.