Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience
55012488

My dog is a year old and she suddenly started laying down

Customer Question

Customer: ***** *****. my dog is a year old and she suddenly started laying down but holds her head high in the air and closes her eyes. she is shaking and doesn't want to move at all
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: she started doing it about 20 minutes ago. she just lays there shaking and holding her head up as high as she can and closes her eyes like she is trying to sleep. when her head starts going down she picks it back up in the air.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Dog Veterinarians generally expect a deposit of about $19 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 10 months ago.

I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner. Please let me know if you still need help. Your dog's behavior is puzzling but suggests pain or complex partial seizure. May I have an update on her, please?

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?