Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian
Experience:  16 years of internal medicine, surgery, and preventive care.
25161683

My neighbor's dog just ate 1/2 cube of tomcat rat poison at

Customer Question

Customer: ***** ***** my neighbor's dog just ate 1/2 cube of tomcat rat poison at my barn 30 minutes ago. dog weigs about 35 pounds
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: that's it want to know what to do
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Dog Veterinarians generally expect a deposit of about $19 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 10 months ago.

Welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is***** am a licensed veterinarian. I am not set up to make a live call. But, I am happy to answer your question on this thread. First I need to ask you a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice.

1- Do you have hydrogen peroxide 3%?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.

Let's move quickly and try to induce vomiting, this is what you can do:

1- Give her 1 tablespoon of hydrogen peroxide orally to induce vomiting.

2- Allow her to walk for a minute and move her belly to mix stomach content with peroxide. If she does not vomit within 5-10 minutes, repeat it again. Can give a total of 3 times 5-10 minutes apart.

3- Please let me know if she vomits, I will be on stand bye for the next 20 minutes.