Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian
Experience:  Hello, I am a small animal veterinarian and am happy to discuss any concerns & questions you have on any species.
60269376

My dog got into Sistane eye drops. Was almost empty. Do I need

Customer Question

My dog got into Sistane eye drops. Was almost empty. Do I need to worry
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.
Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian & I would like to help you with your wee one today. As long as Spencer didn't eat the bottle (since that could cause a blockage), we'd not be overly worried here. The drops can cause stomach upset but if this was nearly empty, then that isn't likely. So, in this case, we'd just want to rinse his mouth with cool water to remove any residue. As well, to just offset any upset you can plan to put him on a light diet option for a few days. Examples of an easily digestible diet include cooked white rice with boiled chicken, boiled white fish, scrambled egg, or meat baby food (as long as its free from garlic or onion powder). Ideally, we want to offer this as small frequent meals to keep the stomach settled. And if you see any nausea, then you can treat with an antacid like Pepcid (More Info/Dose @http://www.petplace.com/article/drug-library/library/over-the-counter/famotidine-pepcid) or Zantac (More Info/Dose @ http://www.petplace.com/article/drug-library/library/over-the-counter/ranitidine-hcl-zantac). Whichever you use, we'd give this 20 minutes before food to allow absorption and of course double check with your vet before use if your wee one has any known health issues or is on any medications you haven't mentioned. All the best, ***** -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need as this is the only way I am credited for assisting you today. Thank you! : )
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- **Please remember to rate my answer when you are satisfied as this is the only way I am credited for assisting you today. IF you have any lingering questions or concerns, please stop and reply to me via the button with the issue you have. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek. Thank you. :)