Dr. Altman
Dr. Altman, Veterinarian
Experience:  Practicing small animal veterinarian for 17 years.
53976849

3 weeks my dog has new onset drooling. Now s gums are

Customer Question

Customer: For about 3 weeks my dog has new onset drooling. Now his gums are almost white, and his urine is dark. His heart is pounding. I can't get ahold of my vet. He is not wheezing, is drinking lots of water but eating very little. He is lethargic. He will be 9 years old this year, in Feb.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Decision tree--take to the vet immediately (one hour away)? Don't know what to think.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Dog Veterinarians generally expect a deposit of about $19 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He improved a little last week: minimal drooling, less heart pounding, a little more energy. Today he is visibly weakened. We just feel terrible for our guy. We are not big believers in the big interventions for our dogs. Don't want him to suffer but if you think this may have a relatively easy solution of course we'll go for it.
Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Justanswer! I am Dr. Altman and happy to assist you both today!

Thank you for the thorough history, please with this information take him to the veterinarian an hour away now

You are describing a situation of shock and I would have him seen asap and not wait to get in touch with your veterinarian

You both are in my thoughts, if there is anything I can do please don't hesitate to ask...

If you have more questions or if I can help in any other way, please do not hesitate to ask! If you would like to accept my answer, please press RATE OUR CONVERSATION at the top of your screen (I am not compensated in any other way). Bonuses are always welcome. Thank you and best wishes to you both

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi is awake and able to walk around at this point. We will find an open vet and take him in.
The other vet an hour away is closed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Poor guy.
Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 1 year ago.

I am so sorry the one further away is closed, and your regular vet doesn't list on his voice mail where to go in case of emergency?

I can do a quick search for you if you like but you may have better luck knowing your area better..

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
95252 is our zip code. No, they list the other one that is closed, and our 7 day/week hospital, American Vet in Stockton, now has a disconnected number.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Holy Moly
Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 1 year ago.

What state, city are you in please?

Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 1 year ago.

Can you also list the phone number you called? They might have simply changed the number and I can determine that as well

Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 1 year ago.
  • Associated Veterinary Emergency Service
  • 1661 W. Fremont St Stockton, CA 95203

(209) 952-VETS

(###) ###-####/p>
Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 1 year ago.

I apologize if this is far away, geography is not my strong suite

Veterinary Emergency Clinic

Distance: 36.0 miles.

Address*****Suite E
Modesto, CA 95307

Phone
Main:(###) ###-####br />Fax:(###) ###-####/p>

Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 1 year ago.

Modesto Veterinary Emergency Clinic

Distance: 36.0 miles.

Address*****br />Modesto, CA 95350

Phone

Sacramento Veterinary Surgical Services

Distance: 36.8 miles.

Address
9700 Business Park Drive, Suite 404
Sacramento, CA 95827

Phone

Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 1 year ago.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do for you both today

If you are satisfied with our chat please rate or accept with the stars on the top of your screen so I may be compensated for my time. If you are having any difficulties you can also state your rating (excellent, good, fair) in our chat as an alternative. Thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Found a vet open in Jackson. Apparently she's handling all the calls in our area today. She'll call us back.
Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 1 year ago.

OK great, hopefully this will get your pet stable today. Please keep me updated and anything I can do?

Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon, I wanted to check in to see if you were able to get to a veterinary er today?

I would love an update, if the information I have provided was helpful I would be grateful if you would rate our chat on the top of the screen so I can be compensated for my time. Thank you and best wishes to you both