Jess K
Jess K, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Licensed Veterinarian
89827615

Just looking to see if my 15 pound dog is going to be okay

Customer Question

Customer: Just looking to see if my 15 pound dog is going to be okay after eating a partially full Terro Bait
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: The package was left open and on the floor. Then I noticed she was inquiring about it, so I put it up on the counter. She is 11months old and weighs about 15 pounds. When I was walking my other dog she must have gotten a hold of it and ate the contents but not the package.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Dog Veterinarians generally expect a deposit of about $19 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Jess K replied 1 year ago.

Hello, this is Dr. Jess. I am sorry to hear about your dog! Can you tell me if your dog ate the plastic as well as the bait, or just ate the contents of the bait?

Expert:  Jess K replied 1 year ago.

Hello? Are you there? As I read your question it appears your pup did not eat the package, correct? Is she acting normally right now?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
She is acting normal.
Expert:  Jess K replied 1 year ago.

Ok. And it is the Terro brand bait she ate ? Just a small amount of the bait inside the packaging?

Expert:  Jess K replied 1 year ago.

Luckily if she has just eaten a portion of the Terro brand ant bait and not the packaging itself, you do not need to fret. The active ingredient in these baits is usually Borax and is not toxic in the doses found in one ant bait, so the real concern with these traps is if the dogs eats the whole trap, and then the concern is the plastic, not the bait.

Expert:  Jess K replied 1 year ago.

If you have any other questions, please let me know.. If you do not have any other questions, please take a moment to RATE our conversation so we can know if you were satisfied with your service and I can get credit for helping to answer your question. Thank you and good luck!

Expert:  Jess K replied 1 year ago.

Just checking to see if your dog was doing ok and if you had received my answer?