Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience
55012488

I think my dog was jurking in her house and she stop .she

Customer Question

I think my dog was jurking in her house and she stop .she act like she is weak .every animal hospital I call want alot of money and Im a single parent trying make it. What to do?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 10 months ago.

I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner. Please let me know if you still need help. I need you to clarify what you're seeing that you've described as "jerking in her house which stopped..." This suggests seizures which left Princess weak. If so, there's a good chance that she has normalized by now. Please give me an update on her.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
she back to normal .do know what cause that? She had it while she was sleeping.thank you doctor and i keep you post it on her condition.

Thank you for the additional information. Seizures at Princess's age usually are diagnosed as idiopathic (unknown cause) epilepsy. Most of us will accept one mild seizure monthly before considering anticonvulsive medications such as phenobarbital, levetiracetam, or zonisamide. "Mild" implies lasting less than a couple of minutes, no wild thrashing about, or loss of consciousness. There are more differential diagnoses for seizures than I could post in this venue but if Princess is othewise normal, "watchful waiting" is acceptable. Please mark your calendar for this event. Princess's vet will need all the information you can gather when considering if Princess should be treated.

Please continue our conversation if you wish.