Dr. Jo
Dr. Jo, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM from Iowa State University in 1994; actively engaged in private regular and emergency practice since that time.
36050890

My dog 't eat today. Now he is throwing up and while trying

Customer Question

My dog don't eat today. Now he is throwing up and while trying to sleep can not get comfortable. I made him drink some water. So far he kept it down but he is still cannot get to sleep.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Jo replied 10 months ago.

I'm Dr. Jo and I'm here to help you with your question about Cha-cha. I'm so sorry you're having this problem, but glad you're looking for the information you need. You may join the conversation at any time by typing in what you want to say then clicking REPLY or SEND. Then we can chat back and forth until you're satisfied with the information I've provided.
So I may know we're properly connected and that you understand how the website works (including that I'll need to earn your good rating in order to receive any compensation for helping you), please type in a short response below. You may rest assured you'll have my full attention and will receive a complete response once I know you're there.
Thank you.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I'm hear. Chacha is still uncomfortable he Ksys down for only a couple of minutes then gets up again.
Expert:  Dr. Jo replied 10 months ago.

Right... that sounds really miserable.

Expert:  Dr. Jo replied 10 months ago.

While some of the things that can cause a dog to show symptoms like this are simple and will go away on their own, others are more serious and can require aggressive treatment.

With Cha-cha being this uncomfortable, I would advise a trip to the emergency vet. That would be the best thing for him. It's much better to be safe than sorry, and he'll get the relief he needs the most quickly that way.

If the emergency vet is not an option for you, the best things to do to care for him at home are:

• withhold all food and water until the vomiting stops
  • keep him inside where he can rest in bed as much as possible
  • watch all intake and output; this is important information for your vet
  • avoid the temptation to give any human medications; this can do more harm than good
Expert:  Dr. Jo replied 10 months ago.

Is there anything else I can help you with tonight?

Expert:  Dr. Jo replied 10 months ago.

Please remember I am here for you and am happy to discuss your question until you are satisfied with the answer I've provided. You may return to this page at any time to review this information and/or post more. You may do so even after you've rated my response. I'll be notified of your response via email and will do my best to help you.

If you are satisfied with the information I've provided, please take a moment to rate my response. I've done my best to provide you with the most accurate, thorough and up-to-date information that is available, and your positive feedback is important to me. Without it, I receive no compensation for helping you.

If you are not satisfied, please let me know how else I may be of assistance.

Thank you for using our website.

Expert:  Dr. Jo replied 10 months ago.
I'm just following up on our conversation about Cha-Cha. How is everything going?
Dr. Jo