Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian
Experience:  16 years of internal medicine, surgery, and preventive care.
25161683

Picked up my dog from the vet this afternoon. Pretty sure

Customer Question

Picked up my dog from the vet this afternoon. Pretty sure she is in severe pain from her back. 50mg tramadol table 1/2 to 1 full twice daily. was not sure of dose they gave her this morning gave her 1/2 tablet at noon today after the ride home. She is in alot of pain just stands in one spot and whines. Can I give her more of the tramadol what is the maximum dosage
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 12 months ago.

Welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is***** am a licensed veterinarian. I am not set up to make a live call. But, I am happy to answer your question on this thread. First I need to ask you a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice.

1- How much does she weigh?

2- To make sure I got this right, the last dose she got was 1/2 tablet at noon, correct?

3- What time is it where you are? (we may be in different time zones).

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
She is 19 lbs. we live in california and yes !/2 tablet at noon

Friend, in response to your question you can increase the tramadol to 50mg every 8 hours. Discuss with your vet about adding an anti inflammatory medication if she is having back problems.

Please do not forget to rate my answer - I hope you found it to be excellent. If there’s more I can do, please use the reply tab and let me know. It’s my goal to provide you with excellent service." Thank you for your business and I hope to work with you again soon!

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
Dr. Peter