Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian
Experience:  16 years of internal medicine, surgery, and preventive care.
25161683

I dropped a 50 mg pill of Imitrex. My 7 year old french

Customer Question

I dropped a 50 mg pill of Imitrex for migraines. My 7 year old french bulldog snapped it up before I could get there. Will it hurt her?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 10 months ago.

Welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is***** am a licensed veterinarian. I am not set up to make a live call. But, I am happy to answer your question on this thread.

Friend, imitrex is not a medication used in dogs. This medication can be fatal in dogs. Symptoms associated with toxicity are: Convulsions, tremors, paralysis, salivation, vomiting, lacrimination, cyanosis, etc. If you have peroxide I can instruct you to try to induce vomiting. Or, I would have him checked by nearest ER vet so they can induce vomiting.

Please do not forget to rate my answer - I hope you found it to be excellent. If there’s more I can do, please use the reply tab and let me know. It’s my goal to provide you with excellent service." Thank you for your business and I hope to work with you again soon!