Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian
Experience:  16 years of internal medicine, surgery, and preventive care.
25161683

My 20lb dog swallowed 250mg of hydrocodone.

Customer Question

Hi, my 20lb dog swallowed 250mg of hydrocodone.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 10 months ago.

Welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is***** am a licensed veterinarian. I am not set up to make a live call. But, I am happy to answer your question on this thread. First I need to ask you a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice.

1- How long has it been since she took the hydrocodone?

2- Do you have hydrogen peroxide 3%?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
No I don't have any hydrogen peroxide, it's been about 30 minutes
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I did have a little bit. I gave it to her and when threw up but I couldn't find the pill

Friend, your dog took a dose of hydrocodone based on weight of 28mg/kg; at this dose I would expect significant sedation, difficulty walking and even decrease in blood pressure (hypotension). I would strongly recommend having him checked by ER vet within the hour and they can induce vomiting to try to remove the hydrocodone from the stomach before it is absorbed. Need to move quickly.

Please do not forget to rate my answer - I hope you found it to be excellent. If there’s more I can do, please use the reply tab and let me know. It’s my goal to provide you with excellent service." Thank you for your business and I hope to work with you again soon!

Dr. Peter

I'm just following up on our conversation about Juliet. How is everything going?
Dr. Peter