Dr. Joey
Dr. Joey, Board Certified
Experience:  15 yrs in practice, specialist canine/feline medicine
20970409

My rat terrier threw up in our bed about 2:00am today. He

Customer Question

My rat terrier threw up in our bed about 2:00am today. He looks fine but is to weak to stand. He may have eaten a little mouse poison yesterday morning about 10:00am but I am not sure.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Joey replied 10 months ago.

Hello I am Dr. Joey. Thanks for trusting me to help you and your pet today. I am a licensed veterinarian with over 16 years of experience. I look forward to working with you.

The progressive lethargy you report is very concerning. This would be an indication to have him seen immediately today. If there is a chance he ingested rat poison, then this is worrisome as our newer products contain something called bromethalin which is highly toxic. His best chance would be to be seen ASAP.

At this point there is not much you can do at home, if there was poison ingested other than get him in to be seen. I wish I had some easy at-home remedy but this is a situation that warrants an immediate veterinary exam.

I am at a point I need to know what questions you have. I hope that the information I provided has been helpful.

Please let me know if for any reason you need further clarification, have more questions, or were expecting a different type of answer.

If you received all the information you needed, then kindly submit a rating.