Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Veterinary Questions
Hello I am Dr. Joey. Thanks for trusting me to help you and your pet today. I am a licensed veterinarian with over 16 years of experience. I look forward to working with you.
The progressive lethargy you report is very concerning. This would be an indication to have him seen immediately today. If there is a chance he ingested rat poison, then this is worrisome as our newer products contain something called bromethalin which is highly toxic. His best chance would be to be seen ASAP.
At this point there is not much you can do at home, if there was poison ingested other than get him in to be seen. I wish I had some easy at-home remedy but this is a situation that warrants an immediate veterinary exam.
I am at a point I need to know what questions you have. I hope that the information I provided has been helpful.
Please let me know if for any reason you need further clarification, have more questions, or were expecting a different type of answer.
If you received all the information you needed, then kindly submit a rating.