Dr B
Dr B, Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM
27344366

I have a 5 year old Shitzu (Magoo). He was a shelter dog.

Customer Question

Customer: Hi - My name is ***** ***** I have a 5 year old Shitzu (Magoo). He was a shelter dog. We've had him for 4 years. He always has to go outside for walks to release his bladder and poop.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Now, with the bad snow storm, he will not go out. We have a small yard and he won't go there either. How long can he hold himself without it hurtng him?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Dog Veterinarians generally expect a deposit of about $19 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr B replied 10 months ago.

HI this is DRB and I would be happy to help you with this. This is a very common problem with small dogs during bad weather. They will not hurt themselves by holding it as nature will eventually force them to go. However, you can make this much easier by clearing just a very small area in your yard like 2 feet by 2 feet so there is a spot he can get to without snow of ice. Some dogs will then do their business. Also you literally have to force them outside and you will need to go out with Magoo and tell him to go potty. Eventually he will go. I hope this helps you but please let me know if you need additional help. Sincerely, DRB

Please hit rate my service as that is the only way I am compensated.Thank you very much.

Expert:  Dr B replied 10 months ago.

Please let me know if you need additional help as I check my computer every night. Sincerely, DRB

Expert:  Dr B replied 10 months ago.
I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
Dr B