Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian
Experience:  Hello, I am a small animal veterinarian and am happy to discuss any concerns & questions you have on any species.
60269376

My dog is taking vetoryl and I am pregnant. Besides not

Customer Question

My dog is taking vetoryl and I am pregnant. Besides not touching the pill, are there other precautions. The dog sleeps in our bed.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today.

The main risk really is from direct handling of the medication. Therefore, we'd not want you handling it(or wearing gloves if you did at all. Otherwise, the metabolites from this are passed in urine and feces. So, it'd be ideal to again avoid or wear gloves while in contact with these. Finally, as long as she isn't having accidents in the bed, we'd not be overly worried about her sleeping there. The trace amounts that she could have on herself (from licking her genitals and then coat) would be minimal and not hold a significant risk here. So, as long as she isn't passing urine or feces that you could come in contact with while sleeping, she can can stay where she is at night and we'd just want to take care with you handling the tablets and her wastes.

Please take care,

Dr. B.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. *Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need, as this is the only way I receive credit for helping you today. Thank you! : )

Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.
I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
nekovet
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.

**Please remember to rate my answer when you are satisfied as this is the only way I am credited for assisting you today. IF you have any lingering questions or concerns, please stop and reply to me via the button with the issue you have. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek. Thank you. :)