Doc Sara
Doc Sara, Veterinarian
Experience:  I am a dog and cat veterinarian with a lifetime of experience in our family veterinary hospital.
23511967

After several pees on our walk i noticed s pee color i wiped

Customer Question

after several pees on our walk i noticed his pee color i wiped his private with my hankie andseen small amounts of pinkish colol not red
he is a 10 pound yorkie please help should i go to my vet?
thank you
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Jess K replied 10 months ago.

Hello, this is Dr. Jess. I am sorry to hear about Gizmo! Is he neutered ? Is he having any accidents in the house? Asking to go out more? Drinking more? How is his energy?

Expert:  Doc Sara replied 10 months ago.

Hi there, I'm Dr. Sara. I'm a licensed veterinarian who works exclusively with dogs and cats. I'm sorry to hear that Gizmo has been having some pink discoloration to his urine. It looks like we haven't been able to connect for a live conversation so far, but I can leave you my thoughts and you can reply at any time.

The short answer to your question "should I go to my vet?" for me is always "yes". Any time you have a concern about your pet's health, a veterinarian who can examine him in person and ask you questions in a real-time interaction is best. We do our best here to bridge the gap during times when your vet is unavailable or with minor concerns or general questions.

It could be that he's got a urinary tract infection or some prostate inflammation. When you go to the vet, bring a fresh (caught within 4 hours) to your visit so that the vet can run a urinalysis to check on the health of his urinary tract.

Please let me know what other questions I can answer for you.

~Dr. Sara

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My goal is to provide you with the most complete and accurate “five star” answer. If my answer isn’t what you were expecting, it’s incomplete, or you have more questions PLEASE REPLY to let me know what information you are looking for BEFORE giving me a negative rating! If my answer has been helpful to you, please show me by giving me a favorable rating. Thank you so much :)