Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian
Experience:  Hello, I am a small animal veterinarian and am happy to discuss any concerns & questions you have on any species.
60269376

I accidentally gave my 75lb. dog lisinopril hctz 20-25mg

Customer Question

Customer: my name is***** accidentally gave my 75lb. dog lisinopril hctz 20-25mg tablet about 2 hrs go.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: dog seems fine, just wondering what to do
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $19) to post your type of question to Dog Veterinary Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: how long
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 10 months ago.

Hello & welcome, Ken. I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your situation, and wanted to help.

Again I do apologize that none of my colleagues were available when you posted your question but just wanted to let you know that that is not a worrying dose here. We usually don't see side effects at such a low dose for a dog this size. Therefore, while this drug can cause lethargy, weakness, low blood pressure, and wobbliness; at this dose we'd not be worried about that. Therefore, we'd only need to monitor for the next 12-24 hours but again this is a very low dose for a dog this size and we aren't likely to see any issue.

Please take care,

Dr. B.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need as this is the only way I am credited for assisting you today. Thank you! : )

Expert:  Dr. B. replied 10 months ago.
I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
nekovet