Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

Lots of urine from min pin, very heavy amount, my name is

Customer Question

Customer: lots of urine from min pin, very heavy amount, my name is ***** *****, m y dogs name is***** She has cloudy eyes and vet said its not cataracks and her vision is not affected. Lucy also has had hip dysplaysia and I was shown how to put back in place and did it only twice. She is 10 yrs and 3 months old.Has good appetite, and very thirsty, with a little less energy last 2 months.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Lucy is eating table food low fat, low sugar because she gets frequent diarrea and vomits when eating many different types of dog foods over a duration of time. Shots are current. Has had the diet problem since a puppy along with very bad breath, which is not as bad since the urine problem came on. Lucy also has a hernia, right side.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $19) to post your type of question to Dog Veterinary Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 10 months ago.

Welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is***** am a licensed veterinarian. I am not set up to make a live call. But, I am happy to answer your question on this thread. First I need to ask you a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice.

1- Is it fair to say she is drinking more than usual?

2- Is she currently on any medications? If so, what is the name?

3- Has she been seen by family vet for the urination problem?