Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

My 10 year old goldfish has a pinkish red tube like

Customer Question

Customer: My 10 year old white goldfish has a pinkish red tube like something coming out of it's side. He is eating and acting normal but with some flashing
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Water quality is fine with normal ph, nitrates, nitrites, etc.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $19) to post your type of question to Veterinary Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: sure
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello & welcome, I do apologize that none of my colleagues could aid you while I was away. Stil, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today.

Can you tell me what your water parameter readings are (ie pH, ammonia, nitrites, nitrates)?

Can you take a photo of this attachment? If you can do so, this will let me see what you are seeing. To post them online, you can use the paperclip icon on the tool bar above your text box. Or if you can't see that on your computer/phone, then you can post them on any other site (ie Flickr, Photobucket, imgur, etc) and paste the web link here for me to check.