Dr. Altman
Dr. Altman, Veterinarian
Experience:  Practicing small animal veterinarian for 17 years.
53976849

LaThaniel My puppy just starting peeing in the crate..now he

Customer Question

Customer: LaThaniel My puppy just starting peeing in the crate..now he keeps his head down and less eye contact this morning i tried to put on his collar and he screamed bloody marry bowels are solid..will eat and drink once a day just had ears cropped 2 weeks ago and has the flying saucer around his neck still
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Like?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Dog Veterinarians generally expect a deposit of about $19 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 10 months ago.

Welcome to Justanswer! I am Dr. Altman and happy to assist you both today!

I apologize no one has assisted you both today, I typically am not available during the day as I am at my practice but didn't want you to wait any further for a response.

I do wonder if his ears are causing your little guy discomfort and he is anticipating pain associated with his head and neck. Is there any chance that you could have his ears reevaluated to ensure there is no evidence of infection? It is has been two weeks they may require retaping soon regardless but since I do not do this procedure I don't have a lot of information of what to expect

But with his symptoms being indicators of pain yet still eating well and having normal bm's I suspect that he has either injured his neck with the cone on or is having pain associated with the ears and a recheck evaluation is warranted.

If your vet gave you pain medications that would be great to reinstitute to see if that aids in his comfort, with food if you are able

Please let me know how else I can assist you both today. I have a short break between clients and will be available another 30 minutes then return later this evening...

If you have more questions or if I can help in any other way, please do not hesitate to ask! If you would like to accept my answer, please press RATE OUR CONVERSATION at the top of your screen (I am not compensated in any other way). Bonuses are always welcome. Thanks!

I am glad to see you were able to view my responses earlier

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance to you both today!

If you are satisfied with our chat please rate or accept with the stars on the top of your screen so I may be compensated for my time. If you are having any difficulties you can also state your rating (excellent, good, fair) in our chat as an alternative. Thank you!