Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Veterinary Questions
Hi there. Thanks for the question. Let me see if I can help. It only takes a small amount of boric acid especially in such a small pup to cause serious toxicity. Signs include vomiting, diarrhea, and can lead to seizures and death. I would highly recommend that you get your puppy to an emergency vet as soon as possible. They can help treat the puppy to try to minimize toxicity. There is nothing you can do at home. Do NOT induce vomiting as the boric acid burns the esophagus as well. I hope this helps. Best of luck. Take care.