Dr B
Dr B, Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM
27344366

My Belgian Malanois is acting very lethargic and has thrown

Customer Question

My Belgian Malanois is acting very lethargic and has thrown up several times as well as had diarrhea. What can I do to help him?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr B replied 10 months ago.

HI this is DRB and I will try and help you with this.....what is your dog's weight?

Expert:  Dr B replied 10 months ago.

Ok, I will give you info you need since not hearing back from you.....the dose for Zofran is very wide.....anywhere from 0.5 mg/ kg to 1 mg/kg. This means if your dog is say 60 pounds then that would be about 27 kg so a 60 pound dog could get 10 mg up to 20 mg of zofran every 12-24 hours. Also if your dog has vomiting and this is persisting then you really need to take him in before he get's dehydrated and his electrolytes get off balance as then he could be even much sicker. Vomiting and diarrhea are both very non specific signs of disease and do not tell you what is wrong. An examination by a veterinarian along with a CBC, chem panel, electrolyte panel and urinalysis with some fecal testing would be required and possibly some abdominal xyays as well. I hope this helps you but please let me know if I can be off additional helps. Sincerely, DRB

Please hit rate my service as that is the only way I am compensated. Thank you very much.

Expert:  Dr B replied 10 months ago.

Please let me know if you need additional help. Sincerely, DRB

Please hit rate my service as that is the only way I am compensated. Thank you very much!

Expert:  Dr B replied 10 months ago.

I will check back with you in the am to see if you need additional help. Sincerely, DRB