Dr. Joey
Dr. Joey, Board Certified
Experience:  15 yrs in practice, specialist canine/feline medicine
20970409

Si
, want to know how often and how much Pepcid we can

Customer Question

Customer: si
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: want to know how often and how much Pepcid we can give a 14lb dog.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Dog Veterinarians generally expect a deposit of about $19 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Joey replied 10 months ago.

Hello I am Dr. Joey. Thanks for trusting me to help you and your pet today. I am a licensed veterinarian with over 16 years of experience. I look forward to working with you.

Great to ask. If this was my patient and you were trying to treat sour stomach or some mild nausea then I might recommend you try famotidine (Pepcid AC) using the 10mg tablet and give half of this every 12 hours. It generally has no bad side effects. However, if your dog is actively vomiting, then this medication will not help (it is not a powerful antivomit medication) and it may not stay down long enough to have an effect.

Please keep me posted. I am always happy to answer followup questions. You can reply to this question at any time to submit a followup. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. If there’s anything else I can do, let me know – it’s been a pleasure working with you and I hope to assist you again soon! Kindly submit a rating as you exit our chat.