How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Michael Salkin Your Own Question
Dr. Michael Salkin
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Category: Dog Veterinary
Satisfied Customers: 25144
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience
55012488
Type Your Dog Veterinary Question Here...
Dr. Michael Salkin is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My dog eat instant ocean sea buffer is it poison eat about 1

Customer Question

My dog eat instant ocean sea buffer is it poison eat about 1 quater of a cup
Submitted: 12 months ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 12 months ago.

Please see here: http://syndaver.com/wp-content/uploads/Documents/MSDS%20Sheets/MSDS-Sea-Salt.pdf/ That product contains various salts which aren't toxic when not ingested in excess but can cause gastrointestinal irritation. Salt poisoning is a consideration if a significant amount of any of these salts were ingested but there's no indication of how much of either of the 5 salts is contained in this product. I would induce emesis by dosing your poodle with 3% hydrogen peroxide at a dose of 5 mL (one measuring teaspoon) per 5 lbs of body weight - maximum dose of 45 mL (3 measuring tablespoons) - by means of a small poultry baster placed between her cheek and cheek teeth. She should vomit within 15 minutes. If not, please repeat the same dose. How long ago did Belle ingest this product? How is she acting, please?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
She has now died she eat it on sat. We were away came home monday night she seem fine .tuesday mornig seemed a little sick. Went to work worrying a bit came home 4 she was gone. I just whanted to know if that product might of done it
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 12 months ago.

Oh my goodness. My condolences for your loss of Belle. Yes, as I mentioned salt poisoning must be considered, then, as the cause of death. Please continue our conversation if you wish.