Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian
Experience:  Hello, I am a small animal veterinarian and am happy to discuss any concerns & questions you have on any species.
60269376

My shin tzu jumped off the bed earlier tonight n she only

Customer Question

My shin tzu jumped off the bed earlier tonight n she only now let me look at it n her fang tooth is shaking
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 10 months ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today.

Do you see any blood or redness around the top of the tooth?

Is she drooling?

Can she eat with this?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Her tooth is shaking she hasn't eaten no drooling
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 10 months ago.

Thank you,

Based on your history, it sounds like Grace may have damaged this tooth. It is possible that its wobbling because it has been loosened from the gum but there is a concern that she could also fractured the tooth above the gum line. Therefore, we do need to tread with care. If she is comfortable in her moth and can eat (its not clear if she is choosing not to or you have not offered anything), then we can monitor this. But if she refuses to eat, appears painful or the tooth continues to be unstable, then we will need her local vet to assess it. If there is a fracture, then it will be uncomfortable and need to be extracted for her. But again if she is coping with it and has none of those signs, we can keep an eye on it and just see if it settles (if this was just gum damage).

All the best,

Dr. B.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. *Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need, as this is the only way I receive credit for helping you today. Thank you! : )

Expert:  Dr. B. replied 10 months ago.

**Please remember to rate my answer as this is the only way I am credited for assisting you today. IF you have any lingering questions or concerns, please stop and reply to me via the button with the issue you have. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek. Thank you. :)