Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

My standard poodle was lost days. We found m yesterday took

Customer Question

My standard poodle was lost for eight days. We found him yesterday took him to the vet today he is extremely emaciated, he has lost approximately 14 pounds. because the temperatures were below 20 at night he has a bad infection on his feet according to the vet. the webbing is cut and split open and areas. Three of them have infection he's on an antibiotic and Rimadyl She says I can soak his feet in warm water with the little Dawn
detergent. My concern is his heart rate she did not check it And it appears to be a beating extremely fast. He is sleeping a lot naturally, he is eating and drinking. Is there anything I should be watching out for. There are times he can't stand and loses his balance she said this is to be expected because he is so weak . Also his scrotal sac is still very red and appears to be getting some sore.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Bruce replied 10 months ago.

Hi. Welcome to Just Answer. My name is***** and I've been a veterinarian for 15 years. I'm glad that Laddie has come back after this prolonged ordeal. Did your vet do any blood work on him? Has he had any vomiting since being home?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
No blood work was done. And he has not vomited. Sorry it took so long to answer guess just been so much going on and trying to take care of and then my phone died

That is no problem! How is he doing at this time today? In situations like this where one has been lost for this long, usually the best things to do at home are rest and nutrition.