Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian
Experience:  Hello, I am a small animal veterinarian and am happy to discuss any concerns & questions you have on any species.
60269376

Our dog was given barium and they said her poop would be

Customer Question

Our dog was given barium and they said her poop would be white when she went but she has went twice in the last 24 hours and its still not white should we be worried
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 10 months ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today.

As long as Gabby is passing stool without issue, we'd not be worried and just want to monitor. It may be that the barium is being to slow to pass but if she had just a bit its possible that may not really see the discoloration. So, again as long as she is passing stool and is being treated for her pancreatitis, this isn't a real worry at all and not something we'd be overly concerned about.

All the best,

Dr. B.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. *Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need, as this is the only way I receive credit for helping you today. Thank you! : )

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Ok thank you. I al not sure how much they gave her.
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 10 months ago.

You are very welcome,

I am glad I could give you peace of mind and again as long as she is passing stool (and especially since they have confirmed a non-GI based issue for her ongoing issues) then its not a worry here.

All the best,

Dr. B.

**Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need, as this is the only way I receive credit for helping you today. Thank you! : )