Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

I have a puppy that recently had a storectomy the first

Customer Question

Hi I have a puppy that recently had a historectomy the first stitches didn't that so they used a different type this time. It was done 3 days ago she now has a red patch to the left of wound running down left leg slightly and is aggitated by this ... Help
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 10 months ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your situation, and wanted to help.

Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner. If you would still like assistance, can you tell me:

Did they not hold? Or did she have a reaction?

Is the patch swollen or itchy?

Any discharge from the incision line?

Can you take a photo of this? If you can do so, this will let me see what you are seeing. To post them online, you can use the paperclip icon on the tool bar above your text box. Or if you can't see that on your computer/phone, then you can post them on any other site (ie Flickr, Photobucket, imgur, etc) and paste the web link here for me to check