Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience
55012488

My puppy neck look stretched out all of a sudden we have a

Customer Question

Customer: my puppy neck look stretched out all of a sudden we have a vet visit tomorrow
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: english cocker 15 months old and his neck looks like an 80 year old all of a sudden he plays a lot with his brother wonder if it got bitten really strange- when I touch it it doesn't seem to hurt him
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $19) to post your type of question to Veterinary Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: ok
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 10 months ago.

I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner. Please let me know if you still need help or have already taken your English cocker to the vet. You appear to be describing a distension of his neck caused by fluid accumulation - subcutaneous fluid secondary to traumatic inflammation, an urticarial reaction called angioedema, an abscess, or perhaps saliva (ranula). Can you upload a photo(s) to our conversation? You can use the paperclip icon in the toolbar above your message box (if you can see the icon) or you can use an external app such as dropbox.com/

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
At the vet. They think it is just stretched from playing.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
No Fluid.

Thank you! Stretched by playing? Skin doesn't behave in that manner.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
the vet and breeder said he is "throaty" meaning as he has gotten older he has a saggy throat. No fluid and he is playing around.

Thank you for the good update. That's the best news of all!