Dr. Amanda
Dr. Amanda, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Associate Veterinarian
88695179

My name is ***** ***** & our 2.6 year old Lab limps when

Customer Question

Customer: Hello my name is ***** ***** & our 2.6 year old Lab limps when walking but runs, jumps and is very active, should I be concerned?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: She only limps walking, isn't showing pain & her gait is perfect when running
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $19) to post your type of question to Dog Veterinary Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: OKAY
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Amanda replied 10 months ago.

My name is***** and I am sorry to hear that your pup is limping. Does he limp on the same leg every time or does it switch around?

I would be very concerned about bone or joint problems if he is limping regularly. Things to consider include hip dysplasia, knee problems like a partially torn ACL, shoulder problems or even neck problems.

I would recommend taking him to your regular vet for an orthopedic exam. This will localize the pain and then they will be able to take x-rays to see if there are problems.

Does this help? Do you have any more questions?

Dr. Amanda

How is your dog tonight? Any more limping today? Do you have any more questions for me?

Dr. Amanda