Dr. Deb
Dr. Deb, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  I have been a practicing veterinarian for over 30 years.
60411192

My dog just ate my throid pill 100 mcg he is 4 yrs old and

Customer Question

Customer: My dog just ate my throid pill 100 mcg he is 4 yrs old and weighs 40 lbs. he is a beagle mix
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I want to see if the pill will harm him
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $19) to post your type of question to Dog Veterinary Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes a little i have to go to church soon
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Deb replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I'm Dr. Deb and will do my best to help you today.

Hopefully, you'll see my response before you have to leave for church.

I can understand your concern for your dog but happy to reassure you that he will be fine. The dosage amount for thyroid replacement drugs in dogs is much higher than it is for humans...one of the few times that this is the case.

The normal dose for a dog this size would be 300 mcg so clearly he didn't come close to ingesting this amount of drug.

He should be just fine. Deb

Expert:  Dr. Deb replied 1 year ago.
I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
Dr. Deb