Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in surgery and internal medicine.
16881297

I have a daushound sshe is about 10. She has a mass on her

Customer Question

I have a daushound sshe is about 10. She has a mass on her stomach by left leg. She is iching all the time. Her leg will move like a nerve is being hit.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 1 year ago.

Good Morning and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.

I am so sorry to hear that Rosie is having problems. This mass may be benign and as it grows larger, it will cause her distress and interfere with the nerve supply which you are already seeing. For now, give Rosie Benadryl at 1 mg per pound of her weight every 12 hrs to help decrease the itching. This itching could be due to the mass but also may be allergies.

It is very important that you have your vet examine this mass and possibly do a biopsy so you know what will be best for your sweet Rosie. There is a chance that it is benign, can be removed to ease her discomfort.

Does that make sense to you?

Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you.

Sincerely, ***** *****

Hi Molly,
I'm just following up on our conversation about Rosie. How is everything going?
Dr. Loretta