Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

I have an old English sheepdog & noticed m licking at s paw

Customer Question

I have an old English sheepdog & noticed him licking at his paw a couple days ago and I looked at it I didn't notice anything major and now tonight he was really licking his paw pad and I took a look and it is very swollen red and looks like it is cut and infected possibly. I looked for foreign objects and couldn't find anything and was wondering what I could do at home before taking him to the vet on Monday I've read different things and I'm not sure how exactly I should clean it and if I should put a gauze on it or not . I wish I could send you a picture because I've never experienced this & not sure how severe it is
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 1 year ago.

Welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is***** am a licensed veterinarian. I am not set up to make a live call. But, I am happy to answer your question on this thread.

You can post a picture by downloading on this thread through the paper clip icon.