Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

My dog breast the last four are swollen and hard
, they

Customer Question

Customer: ***** ***** my dog breast the last four are swollen and hard
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: they are kind of red
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $19) to post your type of question to Dog Veterinary Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: slightly deformed
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Alleyne replied 10 months ago.

Hello my name is***** and I am a licensed veterinarian with over 9 years of experience. I am hoping to help you with your pet today. Since I can’t physically exam your pet, I may need to respond with several follow up questions so I can best help you. Remember there is no limit on how many questions you can ask to in order to clarify any information I have provided regarding your pet. I just have a few initial questions to ask to gather some more information if you don’t mind? How old is your dog? Did she ever have puppies? When was her last heat?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
she had pups on december 18
14 months old

Okay thanks for the additional information. I am assuming that the puppies are still feeding off of her? Based on what you are describing it is possible that she may have an infection of the mammary glands otherwise known as mastitis. Sometimes it can be caused by the trauma from puppy teeth. Are there any wounds or cuts on the mammary glands that you are noticing? If that is the case she may need to be placed on antibiotics to help treat them. Sometimes a warm compress can help with the discomfort associated with them as well